"I entered Obstackles very skeptical; I never believed I would be capable of pushing myself physically or achieving physical feats. I truly believed I would continue to live my life accomplishing
many things but never being able to trust my body. Having low self esteem from bullying, a poor relationship with food, disordered eating and some family impact I didn't think I could rid myself
of the negative and hurtful self-talk that kept me feeling trapped in a negative image of myself. I can honestly say that all this has changed.
The comraderie, bonding and working through the principles has helped me completely change how I feel about myself. Now I actually like what I see in the mirror, can workout and push my body, have a desire to be healthy and am finally feeling contentment within myself. I feel I can trust my gut and I can trust myself. I have tremendous gratitude for what I have been able to walk through and cannot believe the gifts that come with learning to love yourself!"
Christina, 2012 Obstackle Tackler
Beginner Bootcamps in Nanaimo training for the Warrior dash!
But be careful we are NOT your average bootcamp. We are NOT another quick fix, lose a bunch of weight and 2 months later gain it all back plus a little more so you have to keep coming back type of program. Instead of focusing on weightloss, striving for the perfect body and trying to live up to society's unrealistic expectations on us, we focus on health and happiness.
We're building a community of non dieters who focus on the positive benefits of the physical challenge of running adventure races and have a tonne of fun doing it. We form a strong team of women who keep you going when you think you want to quit. We eat what we want, when we want and are healthy and fit because of it. It'll surprise you when you discover what you really want isn't ice cream! Dealing with the demons that have kept us overweight in the past and breaking the those cycles is what we do. We challenge society's view of women and are passionate about healthy and positive body image over society's ideal. We work hard and are proud of it. Most of all we love our bodies! There are ALOT of bootcamps in Nanaimo. We ask you to shop around before calling us.
This program is for you if:
1. You are ready to give up the fight with food and dieting.
2. You are wanting to build lasting relationships some amazing, postive, supportive people that will lift you up when you need it most. And you are willing to be positive and supportive when others need it.
3. You don't want working out to feel like a chore. You want to love moving and using your body in ways you haven't since you were a kid!
4. You are ready to stop finding excuses to quit and ready to keep at it til the end, no matter what.
5. You are ready to face your fears.
6. You are ready to have some fun. No ALOT of fun.
7. You want to strive for happiness and give up on perfection.
8. You are ready to change your life, even if you're scared as hell.